- 3 eggs, separated
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/3 cups brewed coffee
- 1-1/3 cups Rango Honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- CARAMEL GLAZE:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves and ginger together.
- In another bowl, whisk egg yolks, coffee, honey and oil until smooth. Add to flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites and beat on high speed just until stiff but not dry (when it still looks glossy and peaks almost start to form slightly). Gently fold the egg whites into batter.
- Gently transfer to an ungreased Bundt pan. Bake on lowest oven rack 50-60 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1-1/2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter then stir in brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around sides and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate and add glaze.
Recipe by https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/holiday-honey-cake/