Fall Apple and Honey Galette
Filling & Topping
- 2 – 3 large apples, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices (about 4–5 cups slices)
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp (at least) of Rango Honey
- egg wash: 1 large egg beaten with 1 Tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Trim the rim of the circle to make a clean cut if desired. Transfer dough to the prepared baking sheet.
Arrange the apples into the center of the dough, leaving a 2-3 inch border all around. Gently fold the edges of the dough over the apples, overlapping the dough as necessary. Press gently to seal the edges. Drizzle 3 Tablespoons of honey over the filling (not the crust). Brush the crust edges with egg wash.
Bake until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown, about 35-38 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.